Shanquella Robinson, 25, of Charlotte, North Carolina was found dead while vacationing with friends in Mexico in late October of 2022.
Despite Shanquella’s “friends” reporting that she had alcohol poisoning, investigative documents soon revealed this was false.
The dedication of Black social media users continues to fuel the pursuit of justice for Shanquella Robinson.
SUNDAY, FEB. 5, 2023
Robinson family provided this statement to WBTV in Charlotte, N.C:
“On behalf of the Robinson and the Long family, thank you all for the outpouring of support. In my sister’s untimely demise three months ago, unfortunately, no one has been arrested, and the investigation of this case is still on going. Please continue to support and stand with us in solidarity in this journey/fight for justice for Shanquella.”
October 28, 2022
– Shanquella arrives in Cabo San Lucas Mexico with a group of friends.
– Shanquella speaks with her mother for the last time.
October 29, 2022
200PM – A doctor from American Medical Center is called to Shanquella’s vacation property.
300PM – Doctor from American Medical Center arrives at Shanquella’s vacation property. The doctor finds Shanquella with stable vital signs but she is unable to communicate verbally. The doctor requests to transport Shanquella to a hospital but her friends ask that she be treated at the vacation property. The doctor attempts to administer an IV to Shanquella but is unsuccessful.
– Shanquella’s friends call her mother and report that she has “alcohol poisoning”.
400PM – Shanquella suffers a seizure.
425PM – One of Shanquella’s friends calls an ambulance.
– Shanquella starts to have trouble breathing and her pulse stops.
449PM – The doctor and one of Shanquella’s friends begins to administer CPR.
525PM – Police arrive to talk with the doctor.
557PM – After 14 rounds of CPR, five doses of adrenaline, and six discharges, Shanquella is pronounced dead.
Late October – Early November
– Shanquella’s friends return to Charlotte, North Carolina and tells her family that she died as a result of alcohol poisoning.
November 5, 2022
– Shanquella’s death certificate is issued.
November 11, 2022
– Charlotte’s WBTV airs an interview of Shanquella’s parents doubting the cause of her death.
November 14, 2022
– In an interview with North Carolina-based blog, NC Beat, Shanquella’s parents stated that they had received phone calls telling them that there had been a physical altercation in Mexico.
– A video of a naked Shanquella being hit by another woman multiple times spreads online. Shanquella’s mother confirmed to multiple media outlets that this was indeed Shanquella in the video.
– Shanquella’s death certificate is published, revealing that she died 15 minutes after suffering a severe spinal cord injury. The death certificate did not mention alcohol poisoning.
November 17, 2022
– Mexican authorities confirm they are investigating Shanquella’s death as a possible femicide.
November 18, 2022
– FBI confirms it is investigating Shanquella’s death.
November 19, 2022
– Shanquella is laid to rest in her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina with hundreds in attendance.
November 21, 2022
– A police report stating that the doctor worked on Shanquella for hours before her death is published. This report conflicts the original claim that Shanquella died within 15 minutes of sustaining an injury.
November 23, 2022
-ARREST WARRANT ISSUED IN CONNECTION TO SHANQUELLA ROBINSON’S DEATH
“This case is fully clarified, we even have a court order, there is an arrest warrant issued for the crime of femicide to the detriment of the victim and against an alleged perpetrator, a friend of her who is the direct aggressor. Actually it wasn’t a quarrel, but instead a direct aggression. We are carrying out all the pertinent procedures such as the Interpol alert and the request for extradition to the United States of America. It’s about two Americans, the victim and the culprit…,” Daniel de la Rosa Anaya, local prosecutor for the state of Baja California Sur, said.
(Via ABC News – Shanquella Robinson death: Arrest warrant issued for femicide, prosecutor says)
(More detailed description of events provided by The Charlotte Observer https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article269136117.html)
also known as the ‘unlucky 6’
Nazeer Wiggins was the birthday boy and the reason for the group trip to Mexico. Nazeer took to his Instagram to claim that he arrived at the vacation property at approximately 330PM on October 29, 2022. Nazeer claims that he arrived to find Shanquella unresponsive and that she had visible injuries on her body. Nazeer also claims that he and Shanquella walked into the living room together where he rubbed her head while they listened to Summer Walker.
Daejhanae Jackson is allegedly the woman seen beating a naked Shanquella in one of the videos that surfaced online.
Alyssa Hyatt allegedly fought Shanquella and may be responsible for leaking graphic videos of fatal attacks against her.
Wenter Donovan was allegedly the last person to fight Shanquella before her death.
Malik Dyer can allegedly be heard in the background of a video of a naked Shanquella being assaulted asking, “Quella, can you at least fight back?”
Khalil Cooke was Shanquella’s best friend of more than 5 years. Khalil allegedly reported to Shanquella’s mother that she was “sick” on October 29, 2022. Khalil brought Shanquella’s luggage to her family upon his return to Charlotte. Khalil took up time with Shanquella’s family until alleged videos of her assault started surfacing online.